The Bates - Named for The Bates Building 3819 Eastern Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
The Bates Building is an historic house in the Columbia-Tusculum neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. A two-story building constructed in a vernacular style of architecture, it is one of the oldest buildings on Eastern Avenue in the neighborhood, constructed in 1865. In 1979, the Bates Building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Kellogg - Named for The Kellogg House 3807 Eastern Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
The Kellogg House is a historic building in the Columbia-Tusculum neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. Built in 1835, it is a two-and-a-half-story building with two prominent chimneys on the ends. The Kellogg House was operated as a hotel; it was erected by Samuel Knicely in 1835 and given to a Mr. Kellogg seven years later as a wedding gift. From that time until 1977, it remained in the Kellogg family, although by the late 1970s it had been converted into apartments. In 1979, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The LuNeack - Named for The LuNeack House 3718 Mead Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
The LuNeack House is a historic residence in the Columbia-Tusculum neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. Built in 1894, it is a frame building with clapboard walls, two-and-a-half stories tall. The overall floor plan of the house is that of a rectangle, with the front and rear being the shorter sides, although the original shape has been modified by the extension of the rear and a hexagonal bay on the western side. Because the house has seen so few modifications since its original construction, it is architecturally distinctive; in 1978, a historic preservation survey of Columbia-Tusculum called it "outstanding" among the area's wooden Victorian residences.
The Norwell - Named for The Norwell Residence 506 Tusculum Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
A Victorian building constructed in 1890, the Norwell residence is a weatherboarded structure with a stone foundation and a shingled roof. The overall floor plan of the house is irregular: two and half stories tall, the house is shaped like the letter "L" but appears to be a rectangle, due to the presence of two separate porches that fill in the remaining area. Contributing to its importance is its relationship with surrounding houses: eight other residences in the immediate vicinity were patterned after the Norwell Residence.
The Spencer - Named for Spencer Township Hall 3833 Eastern Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
The Spencer Township Hall is a historic former government building in Columbia-Tusculum. One of Cincinnati's oldest extant public buildings, it has been designated a historic site because of its architecture. Constructed in 1860,the township hall is a two-story brick building with a stone foundation, a shingled roof, and miscellaneous elements of stone. Many small elements combine to give the building a Greek Revival flavor. Among its lesser details are a bracketed overhanging roof, which adds an Italianate appearance, and a pair of datestones above the main entrance, one commemorating the local IOOF lodge, and the other marking the building as the township hall.
The Decker - Named for The Stephen Decker Rowhouse 531-541 Tusculum Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
An outstanding Victorian rowhouse, the Stephen Decker Rowhouse is distinguished by the projecting pavilions with gabled ends supported by spindles attached to the beveled corners, low roofs between the pavilions protect the recessed entrances. The Victorian circle motif enclosed in a square is throughout the building. It is two stories in height, built of frame construction in 1889. It is built on an irregular plan and measures eighteen bays by two bays. The land was originally owned by Nicholas Longworth and his Tusculum subdivision was surveyed in 1869.
The Morris - Named after John Morris's house, thought to be the oldest continuously inhabited home in Hamilton County, 3644 Eastern Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
Thought to have been built in 1804, the Morris house was believed to have been the home of James Morris, a tanner and one of the area’s first manufacturers.
The Stites - Named after the founder of Columbia-Tusculum, Benjamin Stites, 315 Stites Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
Columbia’s founder, Benjamin Stites, is said to have explored the area by accident. While on a trading expedition in Kentucky, Stites led a party in pursuit of a band of Indian horse thieves. Although the Indians were pursued up the Little Miami Valley to the area of present-day Xenia, the horses were never recovered. Stites may have returned empty-handed, but he had a dream. The land he had explored appeared to be the ideal location to settle. Stites closed his trading post and quickly returned to his family in Pennsylvania. He gathered a party of 26 settlers and returned to the area, calling the settlement “Columbia.”